Last week I went to an event to hear from a man named Collis Temple III. He is a former LSU basketball player that made it to the NBA, but career was cut short due to injuries. So, he decided to join Primerica and now he owns his own business called Collis Temple III and Associates.
Here is what I learned:
- Expect greatness from yourself. Remove all excuses and make it happen.
- Most people don’t do all they can do.
- Focus on the things you can control.
- Be very clear about who you are, know yourself.
- The one with the plan is going to always win.
- Whatever you do, keep running.
- Helps to be an early riser and seize the day.
- Get out of bed to stay ahead.
- Most people have a gap between what they say they want and what they actually do.
- Write down your goals everyday and every night and put them somewhere you can see them.
- Either use haters as fuel or block them out.
- What matters is how quickly can you bounce back from setbacks.
- Respect the process and understand that failure is apart of it.
- The opposite of success is settling.
- You are never trying, either doing or not doing.
- What will separate you is the actions you take.
- How you do anything is how you do everything.
- Ask somebody who’s winning, what they are doing to be winning.
- Weird = Rich, Cool = Broke.
- Three Keys to Success
- Coachability: Seeking out knowledge and wisdom; accepting and internalizing knowledge from coaches and mentors.
- Focus: Keep moving forward, life happens.
- Work Ethic: You don’t deserve to eat if you don’t work. Put in at least 12 hours per day.
- Work like a Slave, Think like a Master.
Need Help Starting Your Blog?
Our sister company, Shanklin Technology, is offering a 25% discount for anyone coming over from Entrepreneur Millionaire. E-mail Code: ENTWork.